Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 8820
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Desktop Manager for Mac killed my Curve 8320

[ Edited ]

This morning my wife asked me to backup her BlackBerry.  I downloaded BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Mac, installed it on her OSX Tiger and hoked up the 8320.  The DM told me that there is an update available for this device.  I asked DM to go ahead and upgrade the device software.  After I finished my breakfast, about 20 minutes later,  I noticed that DM was showing "waiting for the device to reboot..." or something like that.  It sat there forever.  The device screen was blank as if it is powered off.

I have it another 2 hours and finally pulled the cable.  Now the device appears dead.

I tried the following:

1. Connect it to a the charger.  Left it there for 15 minutes, thinking the battery is drained out.  I did not come back to life.

2. Pressed and held the red (hang up) button.  It did not come back to life.

3. Pulled the battery and put it back.  When I put it back, the LED went red for about 5 seconds and then went off.  The display never showed anything.  This is repeatable.  Every time I put the battery back, I see the red LED for 5 seconds.  Apart from that, no signs of life.

She is extremely mad.  She did not have data plan, which means all her numbers are on the phone.  There is no backup.   PLEASE HELP ME RECOVER THIS PHONE.