Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Desktop Manager says : Address Book (not installed)

FINALLY !  Works!

downgraded device.

didnt work

started again by

rebooting bb

UNINSTALLED ALL BB DM's from computer (i had a few different versions) --- went to control panel and removed ALL programs for bb desktop mgr

rebooted computer

reinstalled bb dm .. the latest version

reconnected bb (remember, after fresh bb reboot)

was able to restore my contacts from outlook and now everything is running smooth again.

im sure the uninstall of all software.. COMPUTER REBOOT .. .BB battery pull reboot ... REINSTALL of lates bb dm is what did the trick.

this problem must be an issue w.the bb dm.  anyone having it should definitely UNINSTALL the desktop software, reboot ur machine, reboot ur bb and start from scratch.  good luck!  & thanks to all for the tips!  the downgrade of sdevice software also removed the annoying null javascript error i've been getting ever since i upgraded my device software.  back in happy bb business

My Device: 9550 Storm2

Re: Desktop Manager says : Address Book (not installed)

I have a BB Storm2 and was having the same problem.  For me I had the most current version of DM and the most current version on my phone.  Did some testing from what other people did, and found if i downgraded the version on my phone it worked!

I did go through my contact in Outlook and removed pics, links, and generally cleaned them up (others had done that).  I did a back-up of everything EXCEPT contacts.  Did a Deivce Update and found "other versions" and picked the previous version.  After that finished, I did a restore of the back-up and did a sync where it was a one way sync to the BB (replacing all).  It worked for me, and I'm not upgrading my BB until BB anouncing a fix.