Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Desktop Manager will not sync my Storm- Just Stopped working

When I first got the storm and installed desktop manager the sync worked OK. Suddenly it stopped syncing any new information. It would go through the steps as if it was gonna sync but no information will transfer between the desktop and my phone. I un-installed desktop manager and re-installed it and it still doesn't work. HELP !!!! This thing is making me nuts. I have the latest upgrade for the phone as well......Thanks in advance
New Contributor

Re: Desktop Manager will not sync my Storm- Just Stopped working

I have the same issue and I'm running Vista Ultimate.  I have to reboot my laptop after it stops working to get it to work correctly again.  My Storm shows up as a connected drive in the "My Computer" properties window but the Desktop Manager, does not connect to it.  I've reinstalled, repaired, changed the compatability properties for the exe, reinstalled usb drivers, etc but it still works for a while then stops working.  I never had issues with Desktop Manager in XP.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Desktop Manager will not sync my Storm- Just Stopped working

Same problem. Rebooting my computer does not fix it. Only thing I can do is sync Calendar/Address Book/ etc one at at ime.

Full saga of things I've tried (that didn't work) here

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryDesktopSoftware&message.id=...