Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

Desktop Manager woes...

I upgraded to DM 5.0 at the same time as I switched providers from AT&T to Verizon. Now on the Tour. Running XP SP3.

When I installed 5.0, all went well; rebooted and when I started DM, it briefly flickers the "Preparing to Install" window (for like 1/10th of a second) mulitple times.

I connected my BB; the computer pulls up a "Portable Device" detection window and gives me the option to  Open / Explore; Sync media files; Manage Device (w/Rhapsody) or Take no action.  DM is not recognizing the BB; still reporting "disconnected."

I have hard-booted the BB a few times; have uninstalled / re-installed 5.0 to no avail.  Finally I uninstalled 5.0 and tried to re-install 4.7 (which worked fine w/my BB9000) but it's also having the same problems.  Went back to 5.0 install and still seeing same issues.

Thanks for any help you can provide!  ...Neil

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Desktop Manager woes...

can you try and follow the following steps in this kb article by performing a clean uninstall of the desktop manager software

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02206

Afterwards reboot your computer and try to download desktop manager 5.0 again.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.