Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Rogers

Desktop Manager won't back up Blackberry Bold 9790

I'm not sure if anyone has had this problem as well but, I haven't been able to back up my Blackberry Bold 9790 at all on my computer. It starts off fine, but when it reaches the point that says "Smartcard Options" It freezes and doesn't do anything at all. I don't use Smartcard, I don't have it activated.  But the Desktop Manager itself freezes and doesn't cancel the backup. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatley appreciate them.

My Device: Blackberry 9790
My Carrier: Indosat

Re: Desktop Manager won't back up Blackberry Bold 9790

Same thing happened to me too... it happened when i try to upgrade my OS

My Carrier: Telus

did you ever find out a way to fix this? mines doing the same thing

Contributor
My Device: monza 9860
My Carrier: verizon

[ Edited ]

Eror on "Smart Card" while backup,(here's the actual title)

first connected your phone & open desktop manager, select "Device Option"on device options Select"Backup"see picture below

remove smart card from backup

and start backup,hope this help your problem

New Contributor
My Carrier: 447973228015

I tried it on three different computers and it just gets stuck on smart card Options 1 of 1 record before it reached end. On every computer is the same., when I tried to update the softwar on automatic option on the phone itself, it got stuck and I had to rest it to factory default lost all data and phone numbers and it wasn't backed up. Frustrating and I cant find a solution for it
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

AdelDarwish wrote:
gets stuck on smart card Options 1 of 1 record before it reached end.

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB29522 "Error backing up databases" message is generated at Smart Card Options database when backing up the BlackBerry smartphone using the BlackBerry Desktop Software

Hopefully it contains something useful! There also are multiple existing threads on this site that discuss that exact error...your review of those might prove useful, and a search of this site, using the error message, error code, or symptom, should reveal all applicable existing threads to you.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Carrier: 447973228015

I tried this solution, but it refuses to go on " device options"  stubbonly stuck on sync 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Nowhere in that KB do I find any reference to "device options"...so please clarify the exact steps you are actually attempting, for they do not seem to match that KB.

Thanks.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................