Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Desktop Manager won't open up after installation

Sorry and also uninstall the previous one.

Thanks,

Graham

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Zain

Shame, but it hasn't worked. I downloaded the software again, ran the installation (I guess because the original was still there, it offered a "Repair" or "Remove" option) but even after a reboot the problem persists. As mentioned earlier, could there be some other programme that's causing a glitch. I was considering getting a PC repair shop to run through the error report and see if they can find the problem in there.

Contributor

Graham, 

Thanks for all your help on this problem- you went to great lengths to try to solve it. Unfortunately, I discovered there's a glitch in my operating system which has to be reinstalled.

Regular Contributor

Its okay bro. Can I please know what was the problem? Like it will help me in Future to assist other Members.

Thanks,

Graham

Contributor

That I don't know yet. I've just been told by a PC repair shop that I have a fault with the operating system and they need to reinstall it. Right now I don't have any further details but I will try to find out the finer points and let you know.

Regular Contributor

Thanks man. I would highly recomend you to upgrade to Windows 7.

Thanks,

Graham

Contributor

Graham,

It's been a while since we were in touch but I thought you (and anyone else who picks up this thread) might like to know that finally after reinstalling the operating system I got a solution but not what was expected! Reinstalling Blackberry led to exactly the same problem as before (I confess to not taking your advice to upgrade to Windows 7 so I'm still on 5). What did work though was to use Windows Explorer versus my preferred Chrome. Chrome plus an old version of Windows could have been the source of the problem?

Toby 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Chrome has nothing to do with this problem.
But having Windows XP will surely have some problem in the same....
Contributor

Cheers. 

New Contributor
My Device: 8900

I have the same problem. I have uninstalled, done a cc cleaner on the computer, reinstalled, deleted the video files on my bberry and STILL DM 6 hangs without opening.

I am running Windows 7, MS Office 2010 32 bit BSI version - NOT Click to Run version.  I cannot use DM 5 as this does not support Outlook 2010 (I get "no available message stores"), Vodafone does not currently support DM 6 so I am left to myself to try to resolve this.

As I cannot sync I will have to change to HTC as this is crucial to my business and being organised

I have spent hours trying to resolve this !Smiley Mad