Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Desktop Manager won't open up after installation

Please use Google Sync if possible till we review this issue.
Please have a check if you downloaded the 32 bit version or 64 bit version.
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Jersey

I've got the same problem - can anybody help please.

I've only had a blackberry for three months and love it, but without the desktop software it's no use to me.

The error message comes up every time I try to open it.

I've unistalled, re-installed, done a system restore on the computer, nothing works!

When I was downloading the programme the was a pop-up that flashed with some kind of alert but it didn't stay long enough to read it and it carried on installing, but it doesn't work.

I have turned off all windows automatic updates (I run XP) but it makes no difference.

Where is blackberry support? HELP!! (Please) 

New Contributor
My Device: 8900

I have solved this problem - I have given up on Blackberry and got an HTC Desire S which is brilliant and syncs without a problem

Until all users take action of this nature companies will continue to ignore our pleas for help and release buggy software that creates an enormous amount of frustration and wasted time

It is a shame as I liked my Curve 8900 and was ready to upgrade to a new Bberry until I had this issue with DM

New Contributor

I am hoping I've cracked it now. I did a system restore on the computer back to 18th April - the last time I knew it worked. I am now running version 6.0.1.18 and turned off any more updates. So far it is working.

I am now going to turn my windows automatic updates back on and monitor those and see if the desktop software keeps working.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Verizon

I'm having a similar issue, I have downloaded a fresh copy 4 times and I'm about to lose my mind.  I get no errors but when I try to open the desktop manager I just get the window frame and the program never fully opens so that I can use it.  I've made sure that all my Windows Updates have been done, I've tried a few different versions of the software, nothing works. Any ideas?

New Contributor
My Device: 8900

As I previously said, bin the Bberry and get a Desire. 

I am a completely independant user and really want to protest at the time wasted trying to get software to work.

I really do not regret swapping, the Desire is FAR more flexible than the Bberry and works brilliantly.  I would not change back now

New Contributor

It does drive you mad with frustration and it looks like we all have the same problem so we might have expected Blackberry to come up with a fix but oh no.
The steps I took above have continued to work so I suggest you try them if you can. Do a System Restore to the last time you know it worked. With me it was back to 18th April and version 6.0.1.18 When it opens go straight to tools - options and turn off automatic updates. You're safer working without an update that you probably don't need anyway than to not have anything at all.
Hope it works for you.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

I am having the same problem. The Software startrs to open but I only get a frame.then another frame within it. It look slike it wants to open but stalls. I'm thinkingthat anIphone looks good. If I was BB I would be all over this for us.
New Contributor

I think I have had it with BB not opening on my Desk Top. I have a Bold 9900 and have not synced for too long. It's like I'm in a loop.

New Contributor

Same as me. This is driving me crazy