Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9530 Storm 1

Desktop Manager won't see my bluetooth device in toshiba laptop

BB Storm 9530. 

os v5.0.0.328 (platform 4.2.0.128

Toshiba Tecra A9 win7

I had this working before the latest patch of BlackBerry desktop manager v6.0.2.44

The issue that I've researched is that BlackBerry phones and BlackBerry Desktop manager will not recognize the Toshiba Bluetooth stack and drivers.  You have to remove them and then install generic microsoft drivers.  

I've tried this to no avail.  Link to MS Vista solution:

http://www.bostonpocketpc.com/Remove+Toshiba+Bluetooth+Drivers+And+Install+Microsoft+Bluetooth+Stack...

Other thread (old)

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Desktop-Software/Toshiba-Bluetooth-Stack-with-Blac...

Does anyone have a solution?  Will Blackberry every fix this?  It's been an issue since 2006/2007.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Desktop Manager won't see my bluetooth device in toshiba laptop

using the Microsoft BlueTooth driver is a requirement for Desktop Manager, not an issue. Please read task 2 of the following article from the public knowledge base:

KB04132 How to set up Bluetooth connectivity between a BlackBerry smartphone and BlackBerry Desktop Software

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: O2

[ Edited ]

I have a similar looking, but different problem:

MS Bluetooth Stack recognises my Bluetooth mouse, and it works, however, when it comes to my Blackberry Curve 8520, it recognises it, but it has a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark over it, when I troubleshoot, it says Microsoft cannot find a driver for it.

Still, the name of my laptop (not a Toshiba, but Emachines E520) is in my Blackberry device list, but connection is not possible, hence no file transfer neither.

Can anyone tell me if an appropriate driver exists or if there is a solution to the problem?

Thank you in advance.

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

I have same problem - I managed to solve it with my former Toshiba Portege about a year ago; have now got a replacement toshiba portege and cannot get blackberry desktop manager to connect - I know it's a driver issue but cannot resolve it. Unfortunately the article suggested in the last discussion no longer can be found:

"" Please read task 2of the following article from the public knowledge base:

KB04132 How to set up Bluetooth connectivity between a BlackBerry smartphone and BlackBerry Desktop Software

any one able to assist - it is so frustrating...