Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Desktop Manager

Running windows 7 with a blackberry 9300. Receiving error message "Blackberry Desktop software has stopped working" I have tried uninstalling and re-installing to no avail. Any suggestions as to the probable cause and a possible solution?

Highlighted
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: 7577224348

Re: Desktop Manager

I've been having the same issue with my Bold 9930 linked to my Vista laptop.  It had run great since I bought the 9930, then failed immediately after upgrading the OS on the 9930.  I deleted / reloaded the OS this morning.  I still get the same Windows message AND the BB Desktop Manager has now disappeared.

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

I'm having the same problem with my Bold 9650.  Got a message that an update to my current Desktop Manager(version 6.1) was available.  Downloaded version 7.0 and received a message that it installed successfully but when I went to open the program got the error message.  Tried to repair the installation but got the same message.  Uninstalled version 7 and downloaded Version 6.1 but still get the same message.  Frustrating.

My Device: 9650
My Carrier: Sprint

Same here. Tried changing "reporting" options, tried reloading earlier versions, and several other reicks with no luck. Guess I am now waiting for RIM/BB to put out an updated DM 7 that actually works!