Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: BOLD 9790
My Carrier: BT

Desktop Manager

Hi l just changed my handset and went to restore all my settings from my desktop manager and it would not let me.

i was directed to download new updated software which l did and it has deleted all my old desktop manager etc etc and l cannot find or access my numbers etc. Does anyone know how i can get them back. The phone is  Bold 9790 and l have carried out this task previously with no issues. Cheers Mark  

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Desktop Manager

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Unless you were storing your backup files (IPD or BBB) in the same folders as the installed Desktop Software app, then your backup files should be safe, wherever it was that you had stored them (usually somewhere in the My Documents hierarchy). Search carefully for all IPD and BBB files (depending on the version of the Desktop Software used to create them). Whatever you find, that's what you have available as the source of restore.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................