Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Desktop Manager

I recently acquired a Blackberry Bold. Included in the box was a CD of user tools of which desktop manager was one. I installed it on my computer and determined that it was version 4.6.0.12 dated May 22, 2008. I have since learned that there is a newer version which is 4.7 I believe. I have 2 questions. Is it necessary to upgrade to the latest update and if so is it necessary to delete the version I have on my computer before downloading and installing the newer one or can you install the newer one over the older one without deleting it first.

Thanks

Solutions: 6,351
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Desktop Manager

You can easily install a newer version of DM over the old.

It is not required to upgrade, but wise in this case, as DM 4.6 had some issues for many people with backup processing with errors.

Download Desktop Manager from here:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code