Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Desktop Mgr 1.03 problem

I just updated to DM1.03. When I sync I get a message "A Sync Error occurred. Please re try the sync. I click ok, it finshes , and says Sync Complete. I have lost my Calender (iCal). New entries on my BB sync onto iCal, but no old ones. I've not tried the reverse for fear of loosing everything on my BB. Any suggestions??

Stu

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve (31F85020)
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Desktop Mgr 1.03 problem

On your BB, did you go to emails, menu, options, general options and set the last iten to whatever you want?

Spyderwebb
New Contributor

I had the same problem. Everything went fine, it just said that there was a conflict with a bunch of events but I didn't think anything of it and hit sync to continue thinking it would just keep the events on both ends... nope ical is completely cleared.  havent tried to re-sync for fear of losing everything on my bb

somebody help! i didn't have this problem before I upgraded Desktop manager this morning!

Contributor

I'm not sure I understand "set last 10 to what you want". Is this under Actions?

Contributor

I'm sure we'll find a fix. It souds like a number of people are having the same problem. For whatever it's worth. I've syced a few times and I retain my calender on my BB but it does not show up on my iCal on my Mac. If I make a test entry on my BB it shows up, but not the other stuff (only new entries). So you probably won't loose your data on your BB, be cautious.

New Contributor

Exact same problem here.  Lost all of my iCal data on the desktop, but I was lucky that everything stayed on the BB.  Backed-up my files, but I am still waiting to see if there is a fix soon!

My Device: Cruve 8300
My Carrier: Verizon

Here's a fix for the same problem from a previous upgrade.  It just means re-syncing your ical.  Make sure you "merge data" when you go to sync the cal so it takes it from your BB!

KB19682

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 2

I just did the same upgrade today and had the same sync error problem.  But I am trying to only sync my address book on my Mac and get the exact same error message. I am afraid of losing over 1000 contacts and more important, I can't sync and save changes.   Is there not someone at BB who can give us a simple fix.  This is crazy.  I hope someone can give me a suggestion fast.  I have no idea what to do.  Thanks

Visitor
My Device: Storm 9530

Same problem happened to me today.  Prior to this, my Desktop Manager worked fine.  But I upgraded this morning and have thrice received the "sync error" message. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but same result.  Please, BB, provide us a corrective patch or at least the previous DM version to download.

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 2

Has anyone tried to reinstall version 1.02, the older version that 1.03 just replaced.  If you did, where did you find it and how did you go about it.  And, did it work?