Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9900 Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

Desktop Mgr 5.1 will not synch Outlook 2007 addresses/contacts now that rogers email added to my Bold 9900

I have a BB bold 9900, use Outlook 2007 on my desktop pc, and use BB Desktop Manager v. 5.1. I used to be able to synch my BB 9900 for calendar, contacts, and memopad, until I added a data pack to my Rogers account and set up the BB 9900 to receive copies of my ****@rogers.com emails. Then all of a sudden when I went to synch the BB, everything else synched ok, except the Address Book (contacts). I got a message saying "the default service for your device's "Address Book" is no longer available. The new service is *****@rogers.com..." [ie. my email address]. It went on to say that if I wanted to try to use my original default service (which I do, I want it to synch addresses between the blackberry and my outlook 2007 contacts, which has always worked before), I should go to "advanced options" and "default services" on the BB9900, and try to reset it. I did this, but the only "option" the blackberry allows me to have for synching addresses is "[my email]@rogers.com". I am reluctant to choose this "new" system, because I suspect it means it will synch my blackberry contacts with the rogers.com online address book, which I have never used. Is that a correct assumption by the way? I have over 2000 contacts, and I've been very busy the past few weeks so have not had a chance to solve this problem (i've simply just been synching everything other than my contacts/addresses, but in the meantime, i've made several changes to them on both the blackberry and outlook, so it's important that I be able to synch those two databases in order to update them.) I would prefer not to update my Desktop Manager from 5.1 because that version has always worked flawlessly for me, and I have heard of people having major synching problems with later versions. Rogers wouldn't help me with the problem, but "hinted" that it might be a setting in the DM 5.1 that needs to be adjusted. Any advice from anyone on how to rectify this? thanks in advance