Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 3G (9100)

Desktop Software 6.0 not working - Unknown error conditiion occurs during sync. - works fine under 5.0.1

I duly upgraded to Blackberry Desktop Software 6.0 when notified by automatic update check.  Unfortunately, I had to downgrade back to 5.0.1 as I could not complete Organizer synchronization - I kept getting an error message saying that an unknown error had occurred.  There didn't seem to be any log files I could look at to see what might be causing the problem.

Can anyone help me out?

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Desktop Software 6.0 not working - Unknown error conditiion occurs during sync. - works fine under 5.0.1

Did you UNinstall the earlier version of Desktop Manager 5?

Do that, and read the solutions that have worked for many, in this link:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Desktop-Software/Updated-to-DM-6-cannot-configure-...

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Verizon Curve 8330

Re: Desktop Software 6.0 not working - Unknown error condition occurs during sync. - works fine under 5.0.1

Have tired these solutions repeatedly; the y don not work at all ! (for me). Win 7, outlook 2010, Tour- vant get past intellysinc error when attempting to configure sync ("unknown error)

Gregory S Pokrywka MD, FACP

Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease and Women’s Menopausal Health

Assistant Professor of Medicine
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Inaugural Diplomate American Board Clinical Lipidology
Certified Menopause Practitioner: North American Menopause Society
Director: Baltimore Lipid Center
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 3G (9100)

Re: Desktop Software 6.0 not working - Unknown error conditiion occurs during sync. - works fine under 5.0.1

When it didn't work the first time, I did a clean uninstall of the 6.0 software and re-installed it again.  That didn't help, so I uninstalled it a second time (not with the clean uninstall) and put 5.0.1 back.  Problem resolved, but still running under the old version.

Seems like I'm not the only one to experience these problems.  Perhaps it would be better to wait until 6.0.1 comes out.