Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Desktop Software - Calendar sync not installed??

why did I just have to waste 2 hours constantly typing in Calendar sync not installed??   I did a desktop update and now I loose a function.   So add RIM to MS for the biggest time wasters.   If Apple stuff was better I would switch.   Very frustrated.

by the way, the post worked....but finding it took 2 hours.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

The default e-mail suggestion worked for me.  I was really confused because my phone kept defaulting to the wrong e-mail addy every time I set an appointment.  Could not figure out where to fix that.  Now, both my issues are fixed.  Thank you, trhank you!!!

New Contributor
My Device: BB Bold 9700
My Carrier: Claro

i have this problem wtih 4 BB 9700 and the problem is when i reset setting in the device, the calendar in outllok don't match whit the default calendar in the device, i go to options---->Device--->Advanced System Settings--->Default services and then select the same deafult calendar i have in the outlook.

Remembder each email account have 1 calendar.

Just wanted to let you know that your solution worked perfectly for me!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: rogers

thank you very much that worked !!!!

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700/ Playbook 32
My Carrier: Bell

Thanks for this - I fiddled around for almost an hour before searching and finding this post from a year ago. Worked for my Bold 9700. Why does the Facebook calendar even get in there? (something else to research). But at least now it's working.
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodaphone

OMG - your solution worked!!!  thansk you saved my sanity Smiley Happy

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Mobinil

There's nothing as advanced options on my phone (Torch). My calendar isn't synching...

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Verizon

This is not an easy solution for a non-programmer or someone who is not familiar with debugging and configuring programs. Blackberry should develop a simple "fix it" solution so users can download it into their software. This is a real pain in the butt!

I tried your solution, however, the "Default Placement for New Items" only shows Facebook.  This has been a complete nightmare.  Any other solutions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Stephen

My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Telus

jmrmb80 wrote:

Also here's a KB article about it

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB23978

Thanks A Bunch jmrmb80.  This link worked great.  My Calender (not installed) showed up after I upgraded my BB to latest 6.0 release and my DM software too or an MS Windows update all were withing 2 days of this starting.  I looked in a bunch of posts to find this.  Also, does not take too long and others: do not try to short cut it.  I did and caused more work.

Ian

Highlighted
My Device: Black
My Carrier: Turkcell

How could you solve this exactly. I habe Black and the same problem... Pls helpSmiley Happy