Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9790
My Carrier: Telcel

Desktop Software Incompatible with Apple Parental Control

I have had the issue that enabling parental control on my Mac makes that restricted users (those with Parental Control enabled) receive a message every 10 seconds with a dialog box telling that a RimArtworkDaemon (or  something similar) does not have permission to run with that account. I have tried this:

1. Enabled "All Times" that application using an administrator user and password on the dialog box (does not work)

2. Reinstalling the Blackberry desktop software

- There is a step where it is supposed to allow the installation user to choose whom is going to be the user of the software, but the installer does not allow to change that. (so re-installing does not work). It does the installation for all users (even restricted users)

3. I found that a component in the "Loging Items" of an account belongs to a Blackberry app. I have disabled that on the administaror account (a dialog box appear telling that it will affect all users. I did agreed and delete that entry on the "Loging Items" (does not work)

So the only solution I have is to install-uninstall Desktop Sofware at the time I need to use it.