Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Desktop Software/Media Manager not loading

Hello everyone

I have noticed that when I install Desktop Software 4.7 onto my Vista 32bit computer that upon reboot it takes forever to load up to the desktop.

I actually timed it from the first second I saw "loading" or the "Vista progress bar" to the point of me typing in my password til the time I first start seeing things load on my desktop

3minutes +

If I go into services.msc and disable the following:

Cyberlink

roxio upnp renderer 9
roxio upnp server 9
liveshare p2p server 9
roxmediadb9
roxio hard driver watcher 9

And reboot the computer the system takes a lot less time to load up.

So if I were to re enable these and try loading the Media Manager within Desktop Software it acutally does not load.

Am I missing something? Is there another service that I need to start?

It works just fine after a fresh installation but if I disable those features, reboot, and then re enable it does not load at all.

So I'm curious what the work around is? Blackberry said to un install and re install but seriously that takes a long time and is a hassle.

Heres another puzzler for you.

I know I have pictures and videos within my media card (8gig) I can view it right now on my cell phone if I wanted to, it is there.

However when I hook it up to my desktop PC I cannot find them

USB automatically puts a "portable device" under my computer called Blackberry 9530, if I double click it, it gives me 2 options: Media Card or Device Memory. If I click Media Card the only folder is Music which is ok but where are the pictures?  There isnt any way I can them thru the pictures using the built in Mass Media; least I cannot find it there; which is why I thought I would use Desktop Manager 4.7 and the Media option but due to the slow computer load times I disabled stuff and it wont load upon re enabling it.

So theres my dilema; any inisghts would be much appreciated; thanks

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Desktop Software/Media Manager not loading

Ok cool

Problem fixed, yay

When you uncheck those items........

roxio upnp renderer 9
roxio upnp server 9
liveshare p2p server 9
roxmediadb9
roxio hard driver watcher 9

After re enabling them, make sure you also have "InstallDriver Table Manager (Macrovision Corp)" checked too, that will make Roxio load