Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Koodo

Desktop Software Password giving me problems...

I have the Bold 9790 and I setup a password on the security settings that works fine on the phone.  I setup the Desktop software on my laptop and upon plugging my phone into the USB port on the computer I was prompted for a password.  I entered the password I had established on my phone security settings and it was refused. 

After 10 attempts, the desktop software erased all the pictures and contacts on my phone. 

I uninstalled the software from my computer, and reinstalled the desktop software program.  I noticed that I was not prompted to enter a password that is specific to the desktop software at any point during this process.  Since my phone was now 'reset' I once again entered/established  a security password into the phone. 

Upon reconnecting my newly 'cleared' phone to the newly downloaded desktop software I was again prompted for a password.  I entered the password that I used for the security code on the phone, which was again promptly refused.  

Can anybody suggest a route for me to take from here to clear-up this problem?  Thanks for any advice!

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Rotary Phone

Re: Desktop Software Password giving me problems...

I go through the samething with my 9790 as well.  Before connecting the phone maybe disable the password and see if that helps.  If you are using numbers only as your password without using the Alt key.  Make sure you choose the corresponding letter on the keyboard.

Blackberry...its all about security.

New Contributor

I disabled my password on the phone and then reconnected to the desktop software, but I am still getting prompted for a password from the desktop program.  

New Contributor

I pullled battery and disabled the password and now I am able to communicate with the desktop software.  Thanks a lot for your tip! 

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Rotary Phone

No problem.....its just kid's stuff.