Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9500
My Carrier: t-mobile

Desktop Software does not start - really not at all

Hi everybody,

I hope this is not a common problem...

I installed the latest version of DM (710_b033_multilanguage) successfully on my PC. 

Win7 (64bit), 8GB Ram, plenty of Diskspace and sufficient Video HW

As mentioned the installation was successfully.

When I start immediately a windows error message pops up, telling me the the Blackberry Desktop Manager does not work anymore (translated from the original German popup) and that Windows is looking for a solution. Sure enough Windows does not find anything and the window disappears without further notification.

I tried

- reinatalling

- repairing

- installing on SSD as well as on standard HDD

- searching the blog on "not start"

- cussing

- and now posting

Can anybody help - please?

Cheers

T

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Desktop Software does not start - really not at all

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I suggest this thread:

It starts with a process for cleanly starting over, and there is some discussion, and there is also a post (15) with links to older Desktop Software versions, if those are needed. Note that this is not, by any means, guaranteed to work...but it has worked for many to resolve issues they are having.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9500
My Carrier: t-mobile

but unfortunately it did not work - still the same error:

Cheers

Thomas

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

And you did all of the drastic and optional things, like cleaning the registry, doing all in "Administrator" mode, etc? If so, then I'm at a loss...

Plus, did you try any older versions?

You see, there is quite a lot of information in that thread...and your reply of "it did not work" is a bit vague in comparison with the details provided therein.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: storm 9500
My Carrier: vodafone

Guys:

Had the same problem and tried reinstall, remove and new install - nothing worked.

But it was working a few weeks ago, so....

Finally and desperately I remember to update windows.

Have windows 7 pro and updated windows with the optional updates of nvidia drive checked.

All works fine now!