Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Virgin

Desktop Software doesn't see/recognize the phone

I am running OS X Lion 10.7.3 and just downloaded blackberry desktop software v 2.3.0 build 12 to use with my new Bold 9900 running 7.0 Bundle 2406 (v 7.0.0.585). 

After installing the software and restaring the computer, the desktop manager opens to the Welcome screen, asking me to connect the phone. When I do, nothing happens and the software doesn't seem to recognize/see the phone. OS X on the other hand and the phone itself do confirm the connection. 

I tried this on multiple macs all running same version of software and so far have not been able to get the desktop manager to launch and recognize the phone. Any insights or help will be greatly appeciated. 

If your first recommendation is to remove the batter or wipe the phone - these have been tried with no success. 

Thanks!

New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers (in Canada): KCell (in Kazakhstan)

Re: Desktop Software doesn't see/recognize the phone

I have a similar issue!  Very frustrating to say the least.  I have the latest of every software on my MacBook Pro running OS 10.7.3.  Upon launching BB desktop software, the program freezes on my screen (the twirly rainbow circle keeps spinning) and I eventually have to do a "force quit".  I'm at the point where I have to plug my Bold 9900 on either the PC side of my Mac (I run Parallels Desktop for Mac (v7.015...)) or take an older MacBook Pro running SnowLeapord (OS 10.6) to successfully connect.  Is it me or is there soeting definitely wrong with the BB desktop software? The newly released version in Feb 2012 did not fix the issue I'm having... At this point, I'm ready to try anything anyone wants to suggest. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Having the same problem - have the latest everything. Annoyingly, BB Desktop Software synced OK before and it seems to be since the last Desktop Software "upgrade". Now OS-X sees the device when in USB Drive or Sync Media mode so you can browse the BB in Finder - but Desktop Software does not auto-launch and when launched manually, it says the BB Torch 9800 is Not Connected.

ebw
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Rogers

Same issue here.  Why has this issue not been addressed?  Talk about making your consumer base angry.  I'm never buying another Blackberry product ever again.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Carrier: Virgin

I posted about this issue in early March and am surprised that nobody from RIM addressed this. Clearly we're not the only 4 people with this problem. This is very frustrating. As much as I love my BB9900 I am on the verge of going back to the iPhone just over this issue. 

When I sync using the windows version of the desktop manager via Parallels, I get a message that the Desktop Manager doesn't support the latest version of iTunes for Windows. WT$ RIM?!