Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

Desktop Software sync'ing non-default calendar entries to Outlook

I just upgraded from a Curve to a Torch 9810.  I have two email accounts set up on it - my personal one and my work one (BIS) - just as I did on the Curve.  My personal one is the default in the Default Services.  I sync my BB to Outlook on my personal PC using the Desktop Software.  On the Curve when I did the sync, it only updated calendar entries associated to my personal email account (the default) to Outlook.  Everything I can find online indicates that that is the way it is supposed to work, and that is the way I want it to work.  I don't want my work appointments on the BB to be added to my personal Outlook calendar.  On this new Torch, though, it is sync'ing the appointments associated to my non-default work email to Outlook.  I tried changing the default service to my work email to see what would happen, but it still tried to sync the same set of (work) calendar entries.  I also tried clearing the calendar completely and resync'ing, but that didn't fix the problem.  Does anyone know why it is sync'ing the non-default calendar entries to Outlook and how to get it to stop?  Thanks!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Desktop Software sync'ing non-default calendar entries to Outlook

Hello agiledogs and welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you are having difficulties synchronizing your Calendar on your BlackBerry® Torch™ 9810 smartphone.

Just to be sure, if you go to Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>Default Services, your personal email account is listed as the default? (as this default is what is used to do the synchronize).

In the appointments that are not synchronizing over, does it say what service was used when creating it?

Does your Microsoft® Outlook® Calendar have the correct entries and you want to add them to your phone or does your phone have the correct Calendar entries and you want these to your Outlook®? 

Let me know what the entries say.

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Desktop Software sync'ing non-default calendar entries to Outlook

Correct, my personal email account is set as the default.  The problem is not that appointments that should synchronize aren't but that appointments that should not synchronize are.  When I synchronize, appointments on my BB that are associated to my non-default work email address are added to Outlook.   I don't want it to do that, and based on everything I find online and in BB documentation it certainly should not do that (although it seems like there are a ton of people who wish it would!)

I spent an hour on the phone with AT&T support and we came up with a workaround where I put some special text in the notes field on my work appointments on my BB and then set up a filter in the Desktop Manager synchronization to exclude appointments that have that special text.  It is getting the results I want (i.e., work appointments are now not added to Outlook), but I'd really like to find out why it isn't working as advertised.  If I can find out why my phone is synchronizing multiple calendars, perhaps it could be a solution for all those who do want that functionality!