Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Desktop Software v6 Download

Is either version 5 or 6 of DM still listed as being an installed program?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

No all references have been deleted. It may be an issue with some program that I have on this computer. The reason I say this is that I can download the desktop software on another computer that I have. For some reason I keep getting an error message and when I trace the issue down it comes back to a log file that I can not delete. Frustrating to say the least as my laptop is my daily computer that I use and it would be nice to be able to use the desktop software to download apps and sync my iTunes music library, etc. I tried to take my laptop into the nearest AT&T authorized store which is over an hour away for me but they were not willing to even try to help me with the issue. I was very disappointed in the customer service but also understand that if the issue is a computer issue then their reluctance to offer assistance is understandable.

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Hmm, can you move the file to a different location or try renaming it?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Any file unlocker should be able to do the trick. Just google "file unlocker".