Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: 8100 and 9810
My Carrier: eMobile

Re: Desktop Software v7.0 B44 Synchronizing Problem

further on this - downloaded it and it offered update to v6.1.0.35 so have done that - just starting up now, setting synchronisation and seeing if that works. will post more on outcome shortly
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9860
My Carrier: 447940705975

I have managed to downgrade and it works. Fab news..

New Contributor
My Device: 9850
My Carrier: Verzion

This is happing to a large number of us, tried for about 4 hours last night.. Just connected this morning and there is nothing working, just states "DAta Sync in progress" . I would love tohave the old version back.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9860
My Carrier: 447940705975

You need to unstinall the Blackberry Desktop Software, and download the previous version on the link wavedavey posted. That should work well it did for me.

Contributor

final outcome from me - both phones synced and working happily away on version 6.1.0.35!  follow link I gave above, here it is again: https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=577BCC914F9E55D5E4E4F82F9F00... 

update to v6.1.0.35 (it will ask you to this)

remake your synchronisation choices

sync away

happy again

PS - I am sure it will try and get me to go to v7 but I won't be until see some one here saying is working fine for them

I'm running office 2010 and windows 7 by the way.  All the best

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9800 8900
My Carrier: Rogers

I'm running office 2010 (32) and windows 7 pro (64) and this is my story... If I reinstall Windows and Office on my PC (yes I mean reload the whole computer) then Desktop Manager 6 is working. But after a few months it can break without notice! I'm and a BB fan and an IT guy so I don't give up easy and I keep digging... But there is no solution for this one out there. Since it takes 2-3 days for me to reload all of my stuff on my PC I did this only once (and I confirmed that it works.) Now a few weeks back I found a Beta leak of Desktop Manager 700_b030. This CAN SYNC almost everything both ways, only issue is that the contacts can sync to device only. I have 2 BBs one 9800 Torch and an old 8900 Curve. So when I saw the automated upgrade message yesterday I was really happy and tried it. Unfortunately I got the same as all of you guys here. Guys look at this link below and tell me if I'm missing something:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB29122

Article ID: KB29122 does not make any sense to me. What is this?

I'm also wondering how could they release this software? Don't they have a test department? You guys have no idea how much time (days, weekends) I wasted on this already!!! And when I see something like this makes me sick. Some heads must be rolling at RIM right now. To piss everyone off like this is big. Some of you guys had a working DM 6 and they screw that up with this? Wow. As I see the posts - not everyone is and expert so now you have to downgrade (and find an older working version). Come on RIM! We are still on your side! I'm still loyal even after this, but how many of us can put up with this much .... ? 

Incase anyone would need 700_b030 just keep google it and you will find a link... It will sync both ways your calendar, tasks, notes - but it will only be able to send your contact from Outlook to your BB.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: Vodafone

Just posted the same problem before I read your post.

New Contributor
My Device: 9850
My Carrier: Verzion

Removed new 7.0 from computer and reinstalled old version. I can now sync.

Has anyone even seen a post from Blackberry acknowledging a problem and that they are working on a fix. Does not appear they have anyone watching this support forum. Also does anyone see a "Contact Us" button?

Contributor

nope which is a double disgrace really - 1) roll out something shoddy and 2) no acknowledgement or action on this discussion. However this pales into insignificance compared with the effort and searching (a little like Pingu above) and the year or so without sync that I had after upgrading laptop to Office 2010/Windows 7 a couple of years back....we live in hope they'll improve and still remain faithful.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Thanks for the advice. Came back to version 6.0 and it works. I had been unable to sync for more than a week, and no one from BB tech support had been able to help, provide guidance or tips. They haven't even acknowledged their new release caused problems. What a sh**tty customer support ! BB would fit well under Microsoft brand.... releasing bugged software and not fixing it.... ;-)