Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Desktop Software version 6 Issue

Since doing the upgrade to v6.0.1 B21 blackberry desktop manager just freezes after performing a synch with microsoft office 2010, this update was supposed to provide the ability to synch with office 2010 64-bit edition. Only solution was to uninstall the version and reinstall ver 6 from the Rogers webpage and skipping the update, which then all works fine and downgrading back to 2007 office edition.  Hopefully there will be a new release that will fix this issue. I do not think this is an Operating system issue, but more of a bug within the new update of desktop manager.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Re: Blackberry Desktop Manager Software version 6 wont start??

The solution  (change regional settings and reset) did not work for me.

I do see some events in my event viewer:

Fault bucket , type 0

Event Name: APPCRASH

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: Rim.Desktop.exe

P2: 6.0.1.18

P3: 4cfdab9c

P4: mscorwks.dll

P5: 2.0.50727.4952

P6: 4bebd49a

P7: c0000005

P8: 0001ed1e

P9:

P10:

Attached files:

C:\Users\randy\AppData\Local\Temp\WERD603.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:

C:\Users\randy\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Rim.Desktop.exe_ea295e28b7aa29f3a39a3e542cf8538f73b9659c_1673df75

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Id: 708429c0-2583-11e0-a22b-00248cfb1755

Report Status: 1

This was preceded by a .NET error:

.NET Runtime version 2.0.50727.4952 - Fatal Execution Engine Error (648A851A) (80131506)

It seems to indicated a problem with version 2.0, but the requirements say 3.5 SP1

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Randy

New Contributor

Re: Blackberry Desktop Manager Software version 6 wont start??

IN addion, here is part of my log file:

2:25:30.288|DEBUG|15|Rim.Desktop.Services.Device|0|[IDeviceMonitorImpl::ThreadProc] Found 0 devices
12:25:30.328|DEBUG|15|Rim.Desktop.Services.Device|0|[IDeviceMonitorImpl::ThreadProc] Bluetooth supported: false
12:25:30.328|DEBUG|15|Rim.Desktop.Services.Device|0|[IDeviceMonitorImpl::ThreadProc] Modem Port: 4
12:25:30.328|DEBUG|6|Rim.Desktop.Services.Device|0|[IDeviceMonitorImpl::start_monitor] device monitor started
12:25:30.330|DEBUG|6|Rim.Desktop.Services.Device|0|[IRIMRasConnectionManager::create] Loading phonebook. "C:\Users\randy\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Network\Connections\Pbk\rim_blackberry.pbk"
12:25:30.331|DEBUG|6|Rim.Desktop.Services.Device|0|[IRIMRasConnectionManagerImpl::modem_device] SetupDiEnumDeviceInfo no more items.
12:25:30.331|ERROR|6|Rim.Desktop.Services.Device|0|[IRIMRasConnectionManagerImpl::modem_device] Error opening registry subkey SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E96D-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\Properties. Error: [0] The operation completed successfully.
12:25:30.331|INFO |6|Rim.Desktop.Services.Device|0|[IRIMRasConnectionManagerImpl::modem_device] Modem Device: Not Found
12:25:30.331|ERROR|6|Rim.Desktop.Services.Device|0|[IRIMRasConnectionManager::create] Unable to determine modem device. Error: 0x1
12:25:30.331|INFO |9|Rim.Desktop.IPModem|0|TASK: [IPModem Initialize ProfileManager], STATE: Progressing, TRANSITION: Progressing -> Finishing, OPERATION: Void <.ctor>b__b()
12:25:30.332|ERROR|6|Rim.Desktop.Services.Device|0|[Rim:Smiley Very Happyesktop:Smiley Frustratedervices:Smiley Very Happyevice:Smiley Very HappyataModem:Smiley Very HappyataModemController::Initialize] Error initializing Ras Connection Manager.  Error: 1
12:25:30.332|ERROR|6|Rim.Desktop.Services.Device|0|[Rim:Smiley Very Happyesktop:Smiley Frustratedervices:Smiley Very Happyevice:Smiley Very HappyeviceMonitorService:Smiley FrustratedtartMonitor] DataModem Initialize failed.
12:25:30.332|INFO |9|Rim.Desktop.IPModem|0|TASK: [IPModem Initialize ProfileManager], STATE: Progressing, TRANSITION: Progressing -> Finishing, OPERATION: Void <.ctor>b__c()
12:25:30.332|INFO |9|Rim.Desktop.IPModem|0|TASK: [IPModem Initialize ProfileManager], STATE: Completed, TRANSITION: none, OPERATION: none, DURATION: 1420
12:25:30.333|INFO |6|Rim.Desktop.Services.DeviceManager|0|TASK: [Device Monitor Initialization], STATE: Progressing, TRANSITION: Progressing -> Finishing, OPERATION: Void <Start>b__f()
12:25:30.334|INFO |6|Rim.Desktop.Services.DeviceManager|0|TASK: [Device Monitor Initialization], STATE: Progressing, TRANSITION: Progressing -> Finishing, OPERATION: Void <Start>b__10()
12:25:30.334|INFO |6|Rim.Desktop.Services.DeviceManager|0|TASK: [Device Monitor Initialization], STATE: Completed, TRANSITION: none, OPERATION: none, DURATION: 160
12:25:30.334|INFO |1|Rim.Desktop.IPModem|0|DataModemStatus Update. Current:  New:
12:25:30.334|INFO |1|Rim.Desktop.IPModem|0|DataModemStatus Update. No change, ignore.

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: **SOLVED** Re: Desktop Software version 6 wont start??

[ Edited ]

dnalevy wrote:

I managed to solve the problem as detailed at the end of this post.

Hi

Blackberry DM 6.0.0 was working fine.

After upgrading to version 6.0.1 the program crashes on the splash screen.

The log file shows the following error: Any ideas what the problem is?

|FATAL|1|Exception|0|Fatal Error - Inner Exception
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Rim.Desktop.Services.PolicyManager, Version=6.0.1.18, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'Rim.Desktop.Services.PolicyManager, Version=6.0.1.18, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
   at Rim.Desktop.Shell.ViewModel.MyBlackBerryViewModel..ctor()
   at Rim.Desktop.Shell.MyBlackBerryApplication.LoadApplicationInfo()
   at BuildUp_Rim.Desktop.Shell.MyBlackBerryApplication(IBuilderContext )
   at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.DynamicMethodBuildPlan.BuildUp(IBuilderContext context)
   at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.BuildPlanStrategy.PreBuildUp(IBuilderContext context)
   at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.StrategyChain.ExecuteBuildUp(IBuilderContext context)

Thanks!

Solution:

I noticed the file Rim.Desktop.Services.PolicyManager is referred to as not found.

I found the Rim.Desktop.Services.PolicyManager.dll file in C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Desktop\Modules.

For some reason by renaming the file extension to dll.OLD then renaming it back to its original .dll the BDM software found the file and runs without a problem!

Just a newbie question but where is this log file located?

I tryed your suggestion and it works on 2 laptops running winXP sp3 so far. There are 10 more I have to since we rolled out the BB torch.

Thank you very much for your efforts

BTW the regional settings didn't work for anyone who is reading this

My Device: Blackberry
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Desktop Software version 6 wont start??

This problem was my first very unwelcome introduction to Blackberry (new Torch arrived Monday - purchased cos lots of people said BB best for Outlook synching).  A few minutes googling convinced me the solutions were way beyond my competence level so I just uninstalled V6.0.1and found the previous latest version on BB's download site (v5.0.1).  No doubt I am missing sundry new features but I can wait for those - I am still learning the basics on my new phone so will let the experts debug v6.0.1 properly before I upgrade.

My Device: 9700

Thank you for your solution!!!

This solution is worked for me.

My Device: BlackBerry 8330
My Carrier: Verizon

I had all the same problems as everyone else on this thread, but it was just as simple as renaming Rim.Desktop.Services.PolicyManager.dll to Rim.Desktop.Services.PolicyManager.dll.old and then back to Rim.Desktop.Services.PolicyManager.dll it worked.

The file is located in:

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Desktop\Modules\

New Contributor

That didn't work for me unfortunately.

xygnus1 wrote:

I had all the same problems as everyone else on this thread, but it was just as simple as renaming Rim.Desktop.Services.PolicyManager.dll to Rim.Desktop.Services.PolicyManager.dll.old and then back to Rim.Desktop.Services.PolicyManager.dll it worked.

The file is located in:

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Desktop\Modules\

My Device: Storm 9530

Re: **SOLVED** Re: Desktop Software WORK

THANK YOU VERY MUCH ITS WORK TO ME.

When you rename dll close the windows. Start BDM. Crash first time.

Then go back to file dll and rename it back and close this window and start BDM and WORK

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Glad my solution is working for so many people Smiley Happy

Log files can be found in C:\Documents and Settings\*user*\Local Settings\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Desktop\Logs