Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: O2

Desktop Software....

I have only been using BlackBerry for about 6 months......when I first got it I downloaded the desktop software to my laptop and had no problems....since then my laptop has been sent away for repair and all programs were wiped...so I'm reinstalling the desktop software.......Installation goes fine...but when the program is opened it starts working and then stops, and I get a message saying something has stopped the program working and to close it.......what can I do ???...I want to put some pictures on my phone and backup thing ???......can anyone suggest anything ????

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Desktop Software....

Hello traceyk and welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with BlackBerry® Desktop Software.

I would suggest you remove the current installation of Desktop Software and reboot your computer.

Download and save the file from www.blackberry.com/software/desktop and install it to your computer.

Let me know how you make out with the reinstallation. 

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: O2

Re: Desktop Software....

Hi,

I did exactly as you suggested and it hasnt made any difference....when the program starts up it looks ok and then I get a box with message in it saying " something has caused the program to stop working" and a tab to close the program.....

Anymore ideas....much appreciated