Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Style 9670
My Carrier: Sprint

Desktop for Mac

I am a fairly new BB user and just downloaded the desktop software for Mac.  I cannot get past the welcome screen because it tells me to connect my device with the USB cable and when I do, nothing happens.  My Mac recognizes the phone and my phone recognizes it's been plugged in but the desktop software does nothing.  Any suggestions?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Desktop for Mac

Hello tammierafferty,

Have you tried all the USB ports on your Mac? Are you using a laptop? If yes, are you connected to a power source?

Try the following:

Disconnect your BlackBerry from your Mac.

Reboot your Mac

Reboot your BlackBerry (while it's powered on, remove and reinsert the battery)

After reboot completes, connect your BlackBerry

When you connect your BlackBerry, do you get the option to Charge, Sync Media or use as USB device? Does the Desktop software launch?

Let me know how you make out.

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Thanks for the response.  I've tried all ports and have both my Mac and my BB plugged into power sources.  When I plug my BB into my Mac, the BB screen gives me the options you listed and I have tried all three and then booted the SW manually because it does not come up automatically.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the SW and still no luck.  Just seem to remain stuck at the welcome screen.  I have the new MacBook Pro and from other posts, looks like that may be the problem.

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520, Bold 9780, Torch 9800

Sounds to me that your problem may be related to this thread, I'm pretty sure all latest MacBook Models are 64bit enabled by default,  and BB still does not offer 64 bit support, therefore in that mode, desktop manager does nothing... and is completely useless, the only  it lets you do is browse your  microSD storage card.

Pls let me know how it goes.

"Sometimes one has to shake the ground to see if someone reacts"
"Do not sit there and wait for the shot to hit the fan"
New Contributor

That is exactly my problem, thanks for directing me.  I'm not at all technical, but changing my new MacBook Pro from 32 bit to 64 bit doesn't sound like something I want to play around with.  Smiley Happy  I hate to say it, but I'm kind of regretting my BB choice between this and the inability to sync with my Yahoo calendar.  UGH!  I'm so frustrated, so thanks so much for trying to help!

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520, Bold 9780, Torch 9800

No problem my friend,  anytime, 

Now what we could do  is keep insisting for 64 compatibility until they do something.

good night

"Sometimes one has to shake the ground to see if someone reacts"
"Do not sit there and wait for the shot to hit the fan"