Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Airtel

Desktop manager Application Loader will not install OS or recognize device after external wipe

I'm using Curve 9300 with carrier AirTel and the default OS was 5.0.0.832. I upgraded to version 5.0.0.977. Later, my Service Books got deleted (manually Smiley Tongue) and I thought that the best way to get them back would be to reinstall 5.0.0.977. So, I installed both the versions on PC and connected the device, but the DS wouldn't show the versions available and wouldn't let me upgrade, instead it would say "There are no Blackberry Device Software updates available". So I looked up the internet, and it turned out that I was supposed to use external wipe applications (BBSAK/JL_Cmder) in order to wipe the device and then install the required OS using the DS. So I went for it, and now although DS recognizes the device, it says "Blackberry Desktop Software cannot communicate with the connected device", and on opting Update, it still says "There are no Blackberry Device Software updates available". The "Update My Device" in Device menu is greyed out too. The Loader.exe file in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader doesn't recognize the device, but detects the device PIN in USB mode. Right now, I am getting a white screen with Reload Software: Error 507 on the practically dead device. 5 hours down, I've not been able to resolve the matter.

I've been through many posts, but no luck. Any help would be appreciated. I'm using Desktop Software v6 (DS 6), so please be specific while guiding me.

Thanks and regards.