Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Desktop manager for mac will not read the memory card

Thanks legburner! That actually worked like a charm adn fixed my issue! :-D
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

" ...  If it doesn't, the Mac is having trouble recognizing the card.  Make sure your mac finder is set to show drives  (Finder>preferences>Sidebar>Devices....click appropriate boxes). ..."

These are merely the view options for the Finder; they have no bearing on whether the Mac can or cannot mount the drive. They are there to customize your desktop and don't change any underlying operations of OSX whatsoever.

Even if the view settings are not set as above, you will always find every mounted drive or device at [Finder] Go: Computer

You can cleanly unmount any device there by, in the Finder, selecting it's icon; Command-Click (also Right-Click) and selecting "Eject" from the drop-down menu (and there are a number of other methods to select and unmount a removable drive as well).

Message Edited by Gordguide on 10-12-2009 07:47 PM
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

So i was having this issue to for the longest time...and then removed and re-inserted the SD card. next i checked to make sure mass storage support was on and then tried syncing again...all i know is it worked this time around.

sometime just removing the SD card and re-inserting works

My Device: Storm 2
My Carrier: Verizon

I did exactly as you said and it worked like a charm!  Thanks so much for the assistance.  All of the music I selected from Itunes downloaded but it wouldn't play.......The phone showed it was on loud but it wouldn't ring either.  I took out the battery.....essentially rebooting the phone and all is back to normal.  Agai, thanks for the assistance!

Highlighted
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

At long last. The solution has been discovered!! I had tried everything under the sun and checked my mass storage settings 100 times. I knew that it had something to do with the BB as I had placed my memory card in another BB and connected it to my Mac with the same cable and it worked right away. Prior to finding this fix I had went to the length of "wiping" my BB to see if that would reset something to make it work - which it didn't

I tried the above fix using Windows 7 in VMFusion but the calfix.exe seemed to have an issue communicating with the BB and it never installed properly. I ended up installing Desktop Manager 6.0 on another computer running Win XP and then running the fix. The patch installed right away and the BB rebooted after several seconds.

Before running the patch, the media card wasn't recognized under Desktop Manager on the Windows computer either. As the tech bulletin indicates, the BB's mass storage capability is not properly configured even though the Options -> Memory settings appear to be fine.

I'm glad you persisted in finding the fix.