Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: sprint

Desktop manager wont setup organizer sync w/Lotus Notes

OK, I've just sorted this out but thought I'd list it here as it seems a strange programming oversight. I just received a new company BB, Bold 9930. Installed the latest level desktop software. I'd had an 8850 for years and have always sync'd my Lotus Notes contacts, calendar and memo pad.

I started up BB desktop software, connected my device, and went into the organizer sync configuration screen. Clicked the checkbox for Contacts, it opens a secondary window where you specify the location of your notes.ini file and enter a Notes password etc. Specify the sync method you want to use (two way, 1 way from device to computer etc...).

At the bottom of this window there is an OK button and a Cancel button. Click OK, a window pops up for a sec saying something about performing the specified actions and then the configuration window closes. All seems normal.

Next I clicked the checkbox to configure the Calendar sync options, again a secondary window opens with similar setup options. Set all these normally and clicked the OK button at the bottom. Small window pops up ...performing the specified actions but now the secondary window (with all the sync config options) doesn't close. WTH????? Try clicking close again...no help. It wont close no matter what I do. If I click cancel, the window will close but it leaves the Calendar sync check box UN-Checked!

The Memo pad sync configuration works normally though (just like the Contacts). After screwing with it for awhile I just tried changing the "Sync Method" option (two way sync, one way etc...). Once I changed this option, I can now click OK, the secondary window closes and the Calendar sync checkbox is checked.

Now, I can re-open the calendar sync configuration screen, change the sync method back to what I want (two way sync), click OK and  the secondary window closes, Calendar sync checkbox is checked...everything works normally now.

Screwy that you have to change the sync method, only on the Calendar sync configu screen, to get the screen to close.