Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: 9800 blackberry torch
My Carrier: t-mobile

Desktop software will not open and blackberry becomes nuked

Hello i would like to have some help with my problem basically i was updating my blacberry software on my blackberry 9800 torch and then as the process was reloading the reloading bar stop moving and my blackberry just crashed then i tried to reconnect my blackberry to my desktop but the desktop sofware did not recognise the device then i tried to restart my computer the when i did that the desktop software did not open and i had the most up to date desktop sofware               help me please

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Desktop software will not open and blackberry becomes nuked

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I think I understand...I'm not positive, as, lacking punctuation, I cannot tell where your sentences start and end in your post, so I may be mixing some things together incorrectly.

But I think that you are at a point where your BB is inoperable (due to the failure during the update process), and now the Desktop Software will not run on your PC. Correct?

If so, I suggest steps 1 through 6 of this thread:

Then, once you have everything installed correctly to your PC, use this KB:

• KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

That should allow the installation process (of the OS to your BB) to complete.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................