Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: TELUS

Deskttop Manager Incorrectly Suggests OS Upgrade

[ Edited ]

I run BlackBerry desktop  6.1.0.35 to manage a Bold 9900 and a Curve 9360.  Both devices are running OS 7.1 Bundle 722 on the Curve, 921 on the Bold.

When I select "Applications" with the Bold connected I am prompted to upgrade my OS to 7.1 921 - the version already installed, and to downgrade BlackBerry Messenger and the Plans Application.  I am also prompted to reinstall all the stock applications (Yahoo messenger etc.) we have uninstalled.

When I select "Applications" with the Curve connected no changes are suggested, not even the reinstallation of the stock applications we have uninstalled as it is with the Bold.

I see this behaviour on two different computers, both running Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit.

I have had the Bold since October 2011, I have updated the OS twice using desktop,  I was seeing similar behavior when I was running the last version of OS 7.0, at that time I did apply the changes suggested by desktop, only to find the same changes suggested again after the reboot.

On the phone, under Options/Device/Software Updates, I get the message "Your BlackBerry is up to date."  All phone functions and applications work perfectly.  All other BlackBerry manager functions work perfectly.

I have contacted my service provider about this, they suggested I contact you folks.

Shoud I just ignore this situation or is there something I can do to get the applications function to work properly withg my Bold?