Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z30 BES 10
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Destkop installation 4.3 needs Bluetooth Drivers for Vista

Same problem here... Blackberry 8310 - Desktop Manager 4.6.  Vista has been around far too long for this kind of thing to be happening (it used to happen last year - but not now.)

Hoping somebody posts a link to drivers...

Sandy

Trusted Contributor

It ended up okay... I am able to transfer pictures and files to and from using blue tooth.  I am also able to sync from the Desktop Manager.  So, it said it couldn't find drivers, etc. but it performed just fine!  Go figure...

I won't ask questions... I'll just be glad it worked out okay! (hee hee...) because ya know when it comes to computers that almost NEVER happens...

Sandy

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi Sandy,

Can you list the steps that you have taken to get it to work?

I still have problems using BT

Thanx,

Owin

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Sorry Owin it can be frustrating… This morning when I started my computer it tried to find the drivers again and failed so I restarted and then selected “never ask me this stupid question again” box.  

I don’t know if it will help but I’ll tell you what happened…. When I was pairing the devices (computer to blackberry) after I entered in the passkey is when I got the driver problem so I assumed it wasn’t going to work.  After reading and reading and finding no driver solution I figured I would just see what happened when I tried to use it. 

I will put what I did here because I knew nothing about Bluetooth – maybe it will help somebody reading this who also doesn’t know the first thing about what to do. 

Before I could get anything to work (pictures and files transferred) I had to make the Blackberry discoverable.  To do that I went into the Blackberry Set up Icon and then Menu – options and selected Yes make discoverable.   

What I did to pair them was (on the computer) Control Panel, Bluetooth and then selected add device – on Blackberry I just selected the Bluetooth Icon.  After I entered in my own passkey I got the driver problem.  The driver problem basically says the device won’t work (but it did.) 

I first tried transferring a picture from the computer to the Blackberry using (on computer) Bluetooth File Transfer Wizard.  I followed the prompts using the Wizard on the computer and then on the Blackberry I went to Media – menu – receive using Bluetooth.  And it worked fine.  I also tried sending a picture.  Picked a picture on the Blackberry hit menu – send with Bluetooth.  On computer I ran Blackberry File Transfer Wizard again and selected “receive file.”  Again, everything went fine. 

Then I went to Desktop Manager and selected Options – Connection Options and selected Bluetooth connection.  That took some work because it didn’t work right away.  My handheld kept showing me an hour glass then the ATT screen and then… nothing.  I had to mess around with the handheld to get it to show the desktop so I could enter in my password (again, on the handheld) and then I entered the same password on the desktop manager and it worked.  I was able to sync using the Bluetooth which is what I wanted.  But that little box in connection options on the desktop manager that says, Automatically switch from Bluetooth to USB when USB is connected didn’t work for me… I had to change the connection type to Bluetooth or USB manually for either or to work. 

Hope this helps somebody because I had to search the internet to figure all that out. 

Right now on my computer under Device Manager it says I have an “unknown Bluetooth peripheral device” which I don’t like, I wish I had the drivers, but since it works I’ll let it.

I hope this helps Owin....

Sandy 

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi Sandy,

Thanx for the info.

Unfortunatellymy problems start way earlier. Ijust can't get them to pair because wista is starting to look for drivers that it can't find.

And stuff does not work all of the sudden Smiley Wink

Im happy it worked for you!

Owin

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Desktop installation 4.3 needs Bluetooth Drivers for Vista

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums mgateno  !

You will need to run the native windows Bluetooth drivers to the desktop and tethered modem;

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04132&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Installation:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/bluetooth-connection/28166-how-use-native-bluetooth-drivers-most-blu...

How to remove the generic Bluetooth stack for your PC and install the correct Divers:

http://banagale.com/setting-up-bluetooth-sync-in-windows-xp-using-blackberry-desktop-manager-on-a-de...

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks

Fixed first link, my fault sorry!
Message Edited by Bifocals on 10-03-2008 09:47 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the links... they say XP and we are running Vista - will that be a problem?

Thanks,

Sandy

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

No,

They started out in XP and were integrated to Vista.; There is an article on the Microfsoft BULETOOTH support section.

Thanks

If you need more information, please ask!

If not, please resolve the post using the options by the kudos’ star.

Just check the post that had your answer!

Thanks  

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for responding... I will try it tonight.  Even though mine is working I would rather have the correct drivers.  I will post if all goes well!

Thanks again for taking the time to respond!!

Sandy

Trusted Contributor

Hi, your first link took me to a "reply back" page?

The 2nd took me to the instructions which unfortunatley didn't work for me.  I tried them but was unable to save the changes to the specific file he wanted... I kept getting an error message saying, "Cannot create the C:\Windows\inf\bth.inf\file  Make sure that the path and file name are correct."

I am okay because mine is working - I would prefer to have the correct drivers but if I can't that is okay.

I hope when Owin tries it it works for him!

Sand