Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8100

Destkop installation 4.3 needs Bluetooth Drivers for Vista

I installed 4.3 Desktop on my Vista Ultimate SP1 laptop. As soon as I paired up with my Pearl 8100, it found two Bluetooth Peripheral Devices for which I cannot find drivers anywhere. The tethered modem is not working and I don't know what else.

Any ideas?

Thanks and regards,

Forums Advisor II
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Re: Destkop installation 4.3 needs Bluetooth Drivers for Vista

Bluetooth tethering was not supported on the OS installed on the 8100. Its a software feature that will be available when the upcoming OS 4.5 becomes available.
New Contributor

As it turns out I have 4.5... Still not working! At any rate, the issue comes from the Vista desktop not the handset. It seems as though the drivers are just not available yet.
Forums Advisor II
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

The drivers for Vista are available and do work. But you need to make sure the Bluetooth module is using the native Windows Bluetooth drivers and not vendor provided drivers.
New Contributor

The phone pairs up with the desktop and I can sync, etc. This is not the issue. All functions of the BB Desktop software are supported including redirection, etc.

The phone supports the following BT profiles:

Headset, Handsfree, Serial Port Profile (Desktop Connectivity, Wireless Bypass, Data Transfer), Dial-up Networking, Audio Source and A/V Remote Control Target

In the paired device profile for the Vista computer the Services listed are:

Audio Gateway, Headset, Audio Gateway (again), PIM Item Transfer, A/V Remote Control Target, and Audio Sink

Two of these do not have drivers for Vista apparently and the DUN option is not available.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

How does one make sure windows is using the right drivers?

Vista keeps asking me for bluetooth peripheral device drivers when it tries to pair.

I have Desktop 4.3 installed on Vista Ultimate and a BB 8100

Message Edited by owingruters on 06-17-2008 12:52 PM

I have a Sony TZ running Vista Pro. The bluetooth driver stack is Toshiba and therefore is not recognised by Desktop 4.3. Greyed out....

How can one find and load windows drivers and/or will Blackberry create a solution for what is clearly a very common problem???????????

I'm having this exact problem. Every time my device gets in bluetooth range it triggers device driver installation for a couple of devices, which, I presume are composite bits of the blackberry. These device drivers are never found and don't seem to affect synchronization. I'm hesitant to tell it not to try in the future.

Eventually it tells me that a standatf modem worked and two unknown devices failed. But I can sync and backup and everything.  Microsoft knows it is a RIM device failing as it eventually tells me that something is not compatible, and it further tells me to ckeck the support website, and even will start a browser and dump me there.

This description seems to be my exact problem.

I have a new Sprint curve, and have experienced this problem with more than one device.  The desktop manager is 4.5.0.15 - too bad the about box can't be copied.

The Bluetooth module is native.

I've gone through the instructions regarding how to set up bluetooth under vista for the blackberry a couple of times, verifying and double checking, and I can't figure out where these missing drivers might be. I just keep getting these messages and I'm not sure what isn't working. 

New Contributor

It seems you've gotten further than I have, because you got the modem to work, which I have not. When I was using XP I was able to use the BB as a tethered modem without any problems. I believe the other device is some extended audio device such as stereo, or some other media-related item.

Don't worry about telling the system not to search again because you can always go back to the Device Manager and delete the unknown device which will cause the system to detect and search again.

Conspicously, we have no postings from RIM!!!!

Anyone got an answer for this yet?