Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Device Calendar Won't Synch with Outlook (Curve 8300)

Where can I find the POLICY.BIN file to remove it from my device?
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

amccambridge wrote:
Where can I find the POLICY.BIN file to remove it from my device?
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Remove_IT_Policy

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

Thank you Xandrex.  It looks as though this may solve the problem (or at least one of them) but I cannot download the file policy.bin because the link is not active any longer.  Any suggestions on how I can download the file?  Or would it be more beneficial for me to post my issue(s) on blackberryfaq.com?  Thanks for all of your help!
Contributor

Just found another link that had the policy.bin file download available.  Please disregard my last message.  Thanks for your help.  Here's the link if you need it.

http://support.gsmliberty.net/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=21

Contributor

Your suggestion worked to clear my IT Policy.  Thank you!  It did not affect my calendar synching (or not synching as is my main issue).  Any other ideas that you can think of to synch my calendar?

DM does not recognize any calendar entries on my device.  I don't know if it makes any difference but when I go to Calendar>Options on my device, at the very bottom it states Number of Entries = 0.  Is that the issue?  For some reason the entries into my device calendar don't actually record on the device?  Just a thought. 

Guru I

okay I've seen something like this.

(airport speaker voice) Mr. Bifocals is requiredat the Desktop Sotfware board. Please give relevant information to client

I think it's something about your events being stored in the internal calendar of your device and not the calendar or your Blackberry account. Don't remember the rest though.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.  Mr. Bifocals?  Sorry....
Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I heard the airport pager, so I came over! Smiley Wink

Let's try to address the calendar issue.

On your BB go to the calendar, press menu key,options.

You will have two calendars, one is associated with your email address, the other is the device calendar.

Any items on the device calendar will not sync to your desktop. What you want to have is your main 

calendar be the one that holds all the entries and is associated with your main email address.

Use the following procedure to consolidate the calendars.

1) Delete your email addresses from the device.

2) Use the link below to clear the calendar database.

3) Recreate the email address that you want to be associated with your main calendar.

4) Go to default services and make sure that your email address for the main calendar is specified

in the CICAL and CMIME entries. Save it.

5) In desktop manager, specify a one way sync from Outlook to Device for the calendar only.

6) Once successful, check the main email calendar and make sure all records are there.

7) Run the synch for each category separately until you have all data correct on the BB.

8) Recreate any additional email address's.

9) Send service books.

10) Reset the options in the desktop sync for normal 2 way operation.

The BB now has all calendar entries in the correct email main calendar, with no records in any other.
Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Bifocals

Calendar wipe. Method One only.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04950&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Message Edited by Bifocals on 01-15-2009 04:49 AM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Guru I

(walkie talkie voice) All tests checked.
Prepare for take off.
Good luck Alpha Mike Charlie
Over.

Contributor

Thank you for the information Bifocals.  A couple of things...1) My device is not linked up with any email address since I recently dropped my data plan with AT&T (long story).  Do I have to be able to send emails to synch my calendar?  2) I don't show multiple calendars on my device.  Not on the main screen, not in options, nothing.  I'm assuming that has to do with no email address associated with the device???  3) I will lose all of my calendar entries on my device through this process.  Is there anyway to avoid that?  Thank you very much for your help.  Sorry to be a pain in the ass.