01-14-2009 02:57 PM
Where can I find the POLICY.BIN file to remove it from my device?
01-14-2009 04:19 PM
01-14-2009 04:22 PM
Just found another link that had the policy.bin file download available. Please disregard my last message. Thanks for your help. Here's the link if you need it.
01-14-2009 04:38 PM
Your suggestion worked to clear my IT Policy. Thank you! It did not affect my calendar synching (or not synching as is my main issue). Any other ideas that you can think of to synch my calendar?
DM does not recognize any calendar entries on my device. I don't know if it makes any difference but when I go to Calendar>Options on my device, at the very bottom it states Number of Entries = 0. Is that the issue? For some reason the entries into my device calendar don't actually record on the device? Just a thought.
01-14-2009 05:47 PM
01-15-2009 05:47 AM - edited 01-15-2009 05:49 AM
Hi and welcome to the forums!
I heard the airport pager, so I came over!
Let's try to address the calendar issue.
On your BB go to the calendar, press menu key,options.
You will have two calendars, one is associated with your email address, the other is the device calendar.
Any items on the device calendar will not sync to your desktop. What you want to have is your main
calendar be the one that holds all the entries and is associated with your main email address.
Use the following procedure to consolidate the calendars.
1) Delete your email addresses from the device.
2) Use the link below to clear the calendar database.
3) Recreate the email address that you want to be associated with your main calendar.
4) Go to default services and make sure that your email address for the main calendar is specified
in the CICAL and CMIME entries. Save it.
5) In desktop manager, specify a one way sync from Outlook to Device for the calendar only.
6) Once successful, check the main email calendar and make sure all records are there.
7) Run the synch for each category separately until you have all data correct on the BB.
8) Recreate any additional email address's.
9) Send service books.
10) Reset the options in the desktop sync for normal 2 way operation.
The BB now has all calendar entries in the correct email main calendar, with no records in any other.
Let us know how it goes!
Calendar wipe. Method One only.
01-15-2009 06:08 AM
01-15-2009 09:12 AM