Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Device Gets Stuck On Predictive or Direct typing on phyical keyboard

I know how to change from predictive to direct, but the Torch gets stuck on one or the other.  At first it would not allow me to save predictive (I would select predictive, save and exit, but upon reentering the option screen, direct reappeared.)  I reloaded the OS, and this time the same thing happened only stuck in predictive.  Tried battery pulls etc to no avail.  All options work fine for virtual keeyboard.  Any ideas?

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Device Gets Stuck On Predictive or Direct typing on phyical keyboard

No one?

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

I have the same problem. Please help.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

then see if it persists.

Do you know what OS you are running? in a message type MYVER and a space to see.

there is a update for the OS that you should do if not on the current OS of 6.0.0.246

let us know what you have.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

After a full 24 hours, 6 installs of bundle 695 (246), there is finally some stability in my life. The last time an install took this long to be successful was when probably when they installed the propeller system in the Apollo rocket.

Knotty, I have installed 246 and that is when all these various problems started creeping. The predictive text when using a physical keyboard was not even getting selected when I tried to set it in the options. the solution you give is for the autotext. Did all kinds of reset etc etc.

Finally had enough...wiped my device clean using the incorrect password option, reinstalled the OS (making sure I did not select the backup uption). OS installed..went back to my 141 state backup..it was 24 hrs old but at this stage I can live with the loss of 1 day emails than a device that acts weird. Restored backup, performed enterprise activation and finally things started flowing the way they should.

In retrospect, maybe I should have stayed on 141..all those cumulative lags of 2-3 seconds on that version would not have added up to the full 24 hours I lost on this update.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Sorry to hear the update did not go well for you, it has made the device much better for me.

I wonder if maybe some old settings were restored that it did not like and since you are on BES most setting are backed up on the BES server with the exception of apps and personal email accounts.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Well could very well be. Although I am on 246 now, and I agree the update has made the phone a lot more responsive. Coming close to the iPhone responsiveness as far as the touchscreen goes.

Highlighted
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

I have the same exact problem... Under my Virtual Keyboard, the style is stuck on Predictive... even if I change it to Direct or Corrective --> then save, when I go back, it is back to Predictive. I hate the "predictive" option!!! I wish RIM can do something to correct this.. it is very annoying!!!!

This is my phone info:

Blackberry Torch 9800

Blackberry OS 6.0.0.246 (platform 6.4.0.105)