Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: bell mobility

Device Manager/Desktop Manager and Playbook

I bought a Playbook just over a year ago....and for the most part don’t have a lot of complaints....until now...

I downloaded a software update around the middle of April and things have gone south since....

I was travelling for work the past few weeks and didn’t have time to either back up my playbook or even connect it to my computer....until about 3 days ago....and life hasn’t been the same since...

Device manager no long recognizes my playbook....I have downloaded the newest versions of both device manager and desktop manager...to no avail...the last time I tried to synchronize my playbook the entire contents were erased!!!!

All my apps have disappeared....even the ones I purchased....and when I go to the online App Store....it doesn’t recognize my device either....

I finally got desktop manager to recognize my device yesterday and got the chance to download some of my photos etc.....however, today we are back to square one...and it won’t recognize my playbook.....

I have spent HOURS trying to get this to work....and am extremely frustrated and ticked off....

After spending some time on the Playbook forum....I find I am not ALONE....

I have tried all the "fixes" I have seen on here...but nothing is working....HELP...anyone please....