Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 8300

Device Manager and Desktop Software fail to work after a profile migration

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

I have just moved in a Windows Domain so I had to change my IP configuration. I have done a moveuser to move my local profile to the domain's profile. My Device Manager and, therefore, desktop software are not responding anymore. I keep receiving a message of ApploaderWEBSL-Upgrade[1].msi missing in the network location.... after a couple of hundreds of cancels, it goes away.

I have tried reinstalling the BB Original CD as an Domain Administrator selecting "4 all users". I have tried downloading the Windows Installer Cleaner. I have also tried to upgrade my device's software directly from the WEB. Finally, I have tried to "promote" my Windows Account as a Domain Admin.... nothing.

The poing is that if i log in as a Domain Admin, my device is automatically recognized by the device manager.... but I can't sink cause it's not my profile...

Everything was working before my domain enrolement and IP changes.... can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot!

Marcos.

Message Edited by mmarin on 02-13-2009 10:44 AM