Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 8300

Re: Device Password Required

[ Edited ]

Great it worked, thx, plz send your email id on[*Edited for privacy*]for any query in future, thx again

My Device: BOLD 9700
My Carrier: O2

is this still valid for any blackberry bold?

I never remember setting a device password...

is this a crack or a default password?

thank you so much for answering

my life is waiting to reconnect!: manmad:

My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodaphone

duddeee you owwwwwwwwwwn!!! ive had my bb for 2 months and had to use it like a usb could never go on desktop manager!!! thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: MTN

I'm in serious trouble I think. I forgot my password (yes I did enter one) and have 1 try left. I can't afford to loose my info so will NOT try again without being 100% certain and I can't be (obviously). What to do? Please help!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hans-Erik_Iken wrote:

I'm in serious trouble I think. I forgot my password (yes I did enter one) and have 1 try left. I can't afford to loose my info so will NOT try again without being 100% certain and I can't be (obviously). What to do? Please help!

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Your first statement is 100% accurate -- you are in serious trouble. BB's are very secure devices -- such is one of their market differentiators, actually. Only the password you created can unlock your BB and prevent it from wiping clean. Since you've forgotten it, there is no hope. There is no "master" password. There is no "backdoor" password. Only the password you created can help you.

What will happen is, as as security measure, your BB will wipe itself clean of all of your personal data. You will then need to restore from your most recent backup -- hopefully that was not too long ago. Hopefully you actually have a backup. If not, then you have migrated from the latter to the former of this old saying:

• There are two kinds of computing device users -- those who have lost data, and those who will

Backups, quite simply, are not optional.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

In that case I am stuffed, just got the phone and didn't have the back up sorted. Now, assuming I don't throw the **bleep** thing against the wall and let it get wiped.

How do I proceed after that?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Exactly as you did the first time you powered it up. It will be fresh and clean, as if brand new.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Not helpful, I didn't power it up, they did in the store.

New Contributor

Just got the phone and sick of it already. I would expect BlackBerry to have the ability to remotely reset the pass with the pin number. 

Hall of Famer III

I'm sorry my other response was not helpful...I had no way to know that you had it set up in the store. Then again, the advice could remain the same...go back to them for support and assistance. After all, it is they who are responsible for all of your formal support. These forums have nothing whatsoever to do with your formal support.

Hans-Erik_Iken wrote:

Just got the phone and sick of it already. I would expect BlackBerry to have the ability to remotely reset the pass with the pin number. 

Well, you are free to have all of the expectations you want to have. But, think of it this way...BB's are known for their very high security. If what you expect were the case, that level of security would be somewhat diminished.

Good luck.