Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Device Software Version 4.5 for 8100

Does Anyone have a REAL release date? I've been using the beta release for months now, and it is relatively stable...but what is taking so freaking long?

I am an unfortunate T-Mobile customer - God knows how long it will be after RIM releases the software before the T-M folks "allow" us to have it.

I apologize for whining. I am just VERY disappointed with the malaise that fails to provide these kinds of basic support services.

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Device Software Version 4.5 for 8100

Well I understand your frustration but all of us will have to wait till the official release by RIM. Once it's declared or made available then all the users will be notified by their respective carrier.

Through some post in BB community and some other forums I've learned that carriers (not all) are evaluating the new OS. If that's so then light is not so far!!! We just have to wait...

If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Forums Advisor II
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

While T-Mobile has not released 4.5 for the 8100 yet, you can install an 8100 release from another carrier. Just make sure to delete the vendor.xml file before installing. Vodafone has released 4.5 for the 8100.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000 BES OS

[ Edited ]

My assumption is that AT & T will release the 4.5 software with the release of the Blackberry Bold.  The Bold will have Version 4.6.  It will be exclusively sold by AT & T in the U.S.  So unfortunately, T-mobile may not have 4.5 for quite a while or they may never offer that version.

You can always download Version 4.5 from Vodafone.  Be careful with that, because T-mobile will probably not offer you tech support if they find out you have Version 4.5 on your device because they don't offer that Version, even if RIM offers that version on their website.  It may even nullify your warranty depending on the policies of your Carrier.  You should call your carrier to find out the varis policies.

Message Edited by metroberry on 06-24-2008 01:15 PM
Message Edited by metroberry on 06-24-2008 01:16 PM