Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
12-12-2012 01:32 AM - last edited on 12-12-2012 04:52 AM by KarlaDJR
Hey there! I recently updated my device software using the desktop software. Now, the audio boost in the media player disappeared which is really annoying for me! I either want to roll back the software or get the boost back. I tried to roll back using the desktop software which is not an option somehow. Nor doing that using the wireless network is an option for me. Please assist!
12-12-2012 04:05 AM
i have a similar problem on a 8900 that i was given because it is useless. originally i the phone had an issue with not being able to select unlock,or even make an emergency call !
i tried the hard reset (battery out whilst powered and left for 3 mins before reboot) ,to no avail .thought maybe a software issue , so i upgraded to the latest software. still no cure .
i tried downgrading the software , this is where i got to the user agreement .i can scroll up and down through it but cannot select ok .if i leave the phone connected via usb i cannot get past the clock ,then i unplug it and get back to the user ageement.
as the trackball scrolls ,im reluctant to think it is a hardware fault, and the updates seemed to give me a different fault.
currently using an iphone 4s,no problems at all. i will never ever spend a penny on a blackberry, they are the devils toys !!!!!!
hopefully someone can point me in the right direction !
01-02-2013 10:24 AM - edited 01-02-2013 11:05 AM
1) you do realize that you are comparing a device released in Q1 2009 (the 8900) to a device released in Q4 2011 (the iPhone 4S) ?
2) besides your 8900 is not a brand new one, and I don't know if it worked correctly when it was given/sold to you.
3) it is no use downgrading. What you are to do, is upgrade as much as possible. What was the exact OS to which you tried to upgrade the first time? From which carrier?
4) you say that BlackBerry devices are the "devils toys". This does not make me wantto help you... Are you here for to be helped, or are you here to rant?
5) is your issue really related to the audio boost? Reading your message, I see nothing that looks like the original poster's inquiry.