Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Storm 9500
My Carrier: Vodafone

Device software V5.0.0.841 (Bundle 1414)

I have received notification of a software update V5.0.0.841 (bundle 1413) for my Blackberry Storm 9500. My current software is V5.0.0.841 (Bundle 742). During the download I get to module 272 of 395 when I get an error message on the Blackberry Desktop software, stating that there is an error and for me to check my internet connection.

This has occurred several times whenever I try to update the software. There is nothing wrong with my internet connection! I have a 10MB cable connection with my ISP.

I am finding the updating process for my Blackberry very frustrating. Can anyone assist or identify what is wrong. In the meantime I shall continue to operate my device using the older software.

Tony

My Device: Storm 9500

Re: Device software V5.0.0.841 (Bundle 1413)

Hi, I'm having a torrid time updating my software as well...I've upgraded my DM to version 6.0.0.11 and when i reach to module 207 of 357 I get this message ''An error has occurred while downloading software for your device.  Please verify your Internet connection or try again later, if the problem persists.'' The version i'm currently running is 5.0.0.451 and the updated version version is 5.0.0.841(Bundle 1413). Can anyone please assist me to find out why my network connection is failing when this error comes up and to assist me in getting the new software....

Many thanks is appreciated...

Stephen9500