Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

Device update 6.0 Bundle 2647 Blackberry Torch 9800

I am trying to do a device update as in the subject bar via Blackberry desktop software and everytime I try I get the messge, 'Handheld Application Loader Wizard has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.'  The update then cancels.  I've tried and tried with no success.  Anyone know what keeps causing this and have any solutions please?

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Device update 6.0 Bundle 2647 Blackberry Torch 9800

Even after performing the device update through the phone itself, I am still getting the same error about the Handheld Application Loader Wizard encountering an error.  I've installed and uninstalled Desktop Manager and Device Manager so many times and still receiving the same error. How can I fix the Handheld Application Loader Wizard? 

Contributor

I didn't know you could update the device through the phone itself.  How do you do that?  I've looked up this very fault on loads of posts and no one has been able to give a proper solution.  It seems to be a fault that no one knows how to fix.  You can wipe the device and everything and uninstall all apps and restore factory settings and this still doesn't fix the fault.  It's like a bug is in the phone and we don't have the ability to remove it.  I also would like to know the solution.

Contributor

I updated through the device by going to Options, then Device, and then Software updates. I was using version 6.0 Bundle 2342 and updated to 6.0 2647. However, that made things worse on the device and the device was considered "not registered" and email addresses were not linked when they were prior to the upgrade. When I would go to Email Settings to add each email, the device would freeze up. I eventually downgraded so I would be able receive messages. 

Another thing I've noticed is that when I'm charging the device, the battery symbol does not showing the "lightning bolt" for charging on the home screen. If I go into an application, such as Setup, then I can see that the battery is charging.

Contributor

Sounds like your phones in a worse mess than mine.  Weird thing is I went to Device and Software updates and it told me there was no newer updates I have 6.0 2342 installed?  So I give up.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Etisalat NG

I'm facing same issue! How do I downgrade from my phone?
Contributor

U have to do it via usb as far as I know
New Contributor
My Carrier: Etisalat NG

Okay! Thanks.
Contributor

I downgraded the same way as I upgraded on the device: In Options, Device, and under Software Updates. It takes a few minutes to check for software updates, but then there is a downgrade option. The downgrade option definitely allows more functionality on my Torch. However, I'm still having the same issues with the Handheld App Loader Wizard in Desktop Manager. Anyone find a solutions yet??

Contributor

When ever I try software updates it searches and says 'your blackberry is up to date' and its not!