Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Digicel Jamaica

Device will not Boot up after a battery pull.

Hi guys, today is my first time using this website and I also registered today so I am very much NEW here.

I live in Jamaica and my service provider is Digicel Jamaica. My phone is out of warranty by 6 months now as it was purchased 1.5 years ago from Digicel through my company that I was working for.

I have a Torch 9860 with OS version 7.1. 

Two months ago while charging the phone with the charger that was supplied from the manufacturer, i realised that the phone had become very hot and as such  i removed the charger and let it cool via removing the battery cover, at that point i realised that using the keypad to type messages the slightest tap of any letter resulted in that letter either not responding or it would give me multiples of the same letter , which prompted me to tap delete  which would either delete the whole word or sometimes just the letter. at other times, the keypad would work just fine. the battery also did not keep charge for more than a few minutes, and upon inspecting the battery realised it was swollen, as such I had it replaced with one purchased from my Dealer which solved the issue of not holding a charge, but the keypad was still behaving funny as previously explained above.

My major issue I am now facing is I did a battery Pull anf after replacing the battery, the Phone will not boot up, no blackberry logo with the load bar being displayed, the phone appears to be dead. the battery indicator light is blank even if the charger is connected. This occurred once  about a week ago and after several remove and replacing the battery it finally booted up and worked, but did another battery pull two days ago and it still will not power on.

Please Help, can you advise me if this is a new issue or what needs to be done. I am thinking as a last option to replace the entire board, but out here in Jamaica, that is a very costly option.

Thank you for taking the time to review this, any help or guidance or feedback will be greatly appreciated. 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry Passport SIlver Edition (OS10.3.2876)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Re: Device will not Boot up after a battery pull.

Hello Jamaikhan

If this happened to you because your problem is that is nuked stay dead ...

I can relive through using programs like BBSACK to apply a Wipe

You must download the OS from your Blackberry 9860.
Having the Desktop Manager installed on your PC ...

Kudos **Do not forget to give those people who help and advise you regarding your questions, as well give the answer like**

@ gutijose14

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked | STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Re: Device will not Boot up after a battery pull.

Try pulling the battery out and plug it on a power source. Switch it on and wait until your BlackBerry boot up. Reinsert the battery when finally boot up.

Now reload your OS, read this article.

How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software using BlackBerry Desktop Software fo...

Back up your data files first!

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"