Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Device won't receive emails and connect to App World

Hi all!

I recently moved to Germany from the US and I brought my Blackberry Torch along with me. I purchased a German SIM card that is not for Blackberries (because they required me to sign a 2-year contract and I didn't want that), but I was told that this plan gave me unlimited data and that I would be able to check my emails, go on FB, etc. Last night I inserted the German SIM card on my phone and everything worked fine (I checked some emails and downloaded an app) but today I did not receive any emails, could not access FB, AppWorld or any other function that required WiFi. The phone is connected to WiFi and the O2 mobile network. Can anybody help me please?

Thank you!

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Device won't receive emails and connect to App World

When you're trying to connect, either through Wi-Fi or network connection, are you seeing the little BlackBerry emblem in the top right corner of your screen?  You need to see that in order to access BBM, facebook, push email and other BlackBerry features.  If you're not seeing that emblem, your phone is not receiving data the proper way.

Contacting O2 for clarification of your service plan would be recommended in this case.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.