Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: Proximus

Devices freezes for 10 seconds

In the last few days, when I start using the BB, I get a little icon that looks like a clock and the device is frozen for up to 10-15 seconds.  Then I can return to working with it.  It seems to be doing this more frequently.  It also appears to be using a lot more battery.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Devices freezes for 10 seconds

Hi kklein80

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Generally this occurs when applications runs in the background , or because of any unknown Third party application installed within our device or because of low memory .Sometime A battery pull restart is enough to resolve this issue.Please press and hold the Menu for a few seconds, it will pop up a screen which will show all running programs in the background ,generally five will always there ( Home, BBM, Message,Phone , Browser ) look if any other apps. are running.

Also be sure that you have not enabled Memory Cleaner , Check Options > Security > Memory Cleaner, do you see If it enabled then Disable it feature , it can also cause freezing and clocking.

Please have a look at this  Article and see if it helps in overcoming your problems :

KB14320 How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone.

If your issue continues then first do a backup of your device using Desktop Software , then reload your Device Software , for help refer to this Knowledege Base :

KB03621 : How to Reload BlackBerry Device Software and application using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Try it and let us know of your results.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.