Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Dial pad problems when calling voicemail

My phone was locking up all the time so I updated to version 5.0. My phone has not locked up since. The only problem I have is when I call my voicemail and bring up my keypad looks normal but the numbers are missing. For example:

#1 key shows:  the voicemail symbol

#2 key shows:  * and A

#3 key shows: 5 and D

#4 key shows:  G

#5 key shows: J

#6 key shows: M

#7 key shows: P

#8 key shows: T

#9 key shows: 1 and W

* key shows: 0 and O

0 key and # are blank

The keypad is correct when I just dial numbers. It is only when I call  my voicemail. Just to be clear, it is the number pad and not the regular keypad.

Any suggestions???

Thanks,

Kevin

Re: Dial pad problems when calling voicemail

Hey Kevin,

I registered because I had the same problem and found the solution on crackberry.com

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/dialpad-doesn-t-show-numbers-while-call-353865/

If you don't want to read the entire article its very simple all you need to do is run the setup wizard and go through the typing and screen navigation and then your dial pad will be back to normal.

Brad

New Contributor

I tried it and it didn't work so. After several attempts I changed my default keyboard from full to multitap and everything works good again. The new keyboard that was released with 5.0 causes problems. In my earlier post I said that the keyboard worked good when making calls but I was wrong. The keyboard looked good but the only key that works is 0. Hope this helps someone else.

Kevin

Perfect....I had downloaded the new 5.0 software and I had the full keyboard as my default....so after switching to the multi-tap, I got the dial pad to respond again....you must be right about the software issue...Thanks for the help!

Had the same problem here and switched to the sure type keyboard.  Dial pad is now working properly.  Thanks for the advice!

The only downfall is that now I am stuck with the sure type (rather than full querty) keyboard in portrait mode when messaging.  I can still use the full querty keyboard in landscape mode. 

Any other tips or thoughts?  How long should we expect to wait until Blackberry resolves this software issue? 

My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

Had same problem. I didn't think to change type mode.  I sincerely, thank you all that take time to post issues and solutions. You truly help me keep my Christianity and money. I only had the phone for 3 months and almost throw it across the room and mailed it back to Verizon. 

Blackberry Techs- fix this quick!... I still have my Palm for backup.

New Contributor
My Device: Storm2
My Carrier: Verizon

I had the same problem.  The solution was to backup then wipe the BB S2 then reload each of the important applications one by one.  Leave out the stuff you don't need or will not use.  This fix has worked for more than two weeks and I am able to keep full keyboard as my default in portrait mode.   Spartan1