Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Did I Waste My Money-Please Help!

hello blackberry geniuses. I have been using a curve for about a year and love it. Got pretty excited when I saw the bold and made an impulse purchase to get one early.  T-Mobile could activate it simply with the swapping of the SIM card but cannot get the correct service book loaded on my phone to allow web access, only wifi??  They put me on the phone with blackberry who tried to send my phone the correct service book as well with no luck.

I figured it was maybe just the fact that TMobile hasn't decided whether or not to carry the phone, so I contacted Verizon after seeing that they are about to release the Storm.  They also contacted Blackberry for me and were told that no carrier in America will be carrying the Bold and that no one will be able to give me the correct service books to use all of the functions of the phone.

Did I just waste a lot of money for a phone that I will not be able to sell now that the word is out?? Please say it isn't so. 

I read another post about some updates for the bold, could that be the remedy?  I'm not a blackberry genius by any means, would love for some of you to give me your opinion

thanks in advance.

My Device: BlackBerry Bold
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Re: Did I Waste My Money-Please Help!

Personally, I would've waited till the Bold was available in the States (under your carrier). Getting an unlocked BlackBerry might cause some incompatibility issues with your carrier since BlackBerrys are deeply integrated within the carrier's network to give users a seemless Push service. But then again I might be mistaken.

I read somewhere on a blog that AT&T officially announced today that it will be releasing the Bold on November 4th which isn't too far.

Ahmed Eltawil
Senior Systems Developer
IES Group Inc.

Remember to mark your thread as 'Solved' and to give those who helped some precious 'Kudos'.