Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Pearl
My Carrier: Verizon

Difficulty setting up work email

Hi,

I am a teacher working in a midwest school district - we recently switched to new email addresses hosted by gmail.  Our new address is teachername@district30.org  

I haven't had problems setting up email on my bb in the past - I actually have 2 addresses that work fine with the device - but this one won't work and our it guys can't figure it out.

I've entered the following information in the setup wizard

User name:  myname@district30.org

password:  mypassword

email server:  imap,gmail.com

email address:  myname@district30.org

I receive an error message - "Cannot log in" Please verify your email address, user name, and password.  The information you provided is incorrect.  If the error persists contact district30.org (your email provider)."

Any thoughts out there?

Thanks

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Difficulty setting up work email

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

What, exactly, is that email service? If it is OWA, then please use this KB to configure:

• KB03133 How to integrate a Microsoft Outlook Web Access email address with a BlackBerry Internet Service account

You will probably need to use the web interface to your carriers BIS system from a PC rather than the device interface to BIS. You can find your carriers BIS here:

Otherwise, you may still need to use your carriers BIS/web interface and use these procedures:

• KB10154 How to integrate a POP or IMAP email account through advanced integration

To get to the manual configuration, sometimes you need to enter your proper email address but an incorrect password...that then often presents you with the manual configuration screens (you will need to know all of the settings, provided by your email service provider)

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: vodafone

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I've just got a new 9700. And I have exactly the same problem.

I have been trying to fix this for a few days now, but nothing I try seems to work.

I tried the KB10154, but this didn't work. I get this error message:

"Cannot log in

Please verify your email address, user name, and password.  The information you provided is incorrect.  If the error persists contact <my domainname> (your email provider)."

I am using Google Apps mail as well.

I tried to enable IMAP in google apps, I tried to enable POP, I tried to disable it, nothing worked. I tried to use 'imap.gmail.com', 'imap.googlemail.com', 'mail.google.com' as mailserver, but no luck.

Also,  I couldn't get into the 'advanced' settings section. Some people said I needed to enter a wrong password, but it only worked when i entered a non existing emailaddress, from a non existing domainname.

Even my carier don't know how to solve it. They say they need to ask it to Blackberry, but then they needed my e-mailpassword. Which I didn't want to give.

What can I do to fix this?

It realy seems to be a big problem with Google Apps mail.

Here, I've made a screenshot of it:

My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Idea - India

Even i have the same problem. I have an IMAP acc. the settings were working fine. Then suddenly it stopped working. I have gone crazy over this but no solution in sight. The same settings are working on my colleagues bb but not on mine. Smiley Sad really need help.

My Device: 9800
My Carrier: MTN

HI, how did you resolve this?

My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: 087887111367

I had the same problem and here's what I did to fix this issue:

1. Login to gmail.com / google mail

2. Go to: https://accounts.google.com/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

3. Wait for a couple minutes then try to add your work email(s) again on your BB device Internet Mail until prompted finish.

Voila!!!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9860
My Carrier: -

Dear Sirs ,

following we hereby state that we have a little problem on blackbbery we use . when planting a personal domain email .
we did not find a lot of options , such as setting and other ports .
that there is only :

email address: user-mail@mydomain.tld
password : password - user - mail

we 've completely fill out the form that must be filled on top , but always considered wrong . and when we see the custom options that contain only :

server address : mail.mydomain.tld
Username : user-mail@mydomain.tld

there are no other options such as ports and others .
and each of us filled in accordance with the request, always considered wrong and asked for mydoamin.tld contacted .

Please explain how so we can plant mydomain.tld email on blackberry OS7 and OS6 and OS5 .

please note we managed to grow on blackberry os10 . highly unlikely we force them below the os users to exchange the device os10 because of financial reasons is not allowed .

thank you