Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Direct Connect Not Supported

Like everyone else, I eagerly awaited and dutifully nstalled DTM for Mac. Despite all the ominous warnings from users who had all sorts of problems already listed on this forum and others, I did not have any major problems but one. DTM does not recognize direct connect numbers, so if you use Nextel and the 8350i you are in big time trouble if direct connect is essential to your work - and since anyone still using Nextel is likely there specifically because they need the DC, how in the world can RIM totally ignore that? I can't afford to sync a phone and have over 100 DC numbers disappear from the phone, and can't waste time manually reinstalling them. So off went the DTM and back on went PocketMac - but wait - that software doesn't support Snow Leopard. So best I can tell I'm totally out of luck until one of these companies wakes up and fixes either of these issues. I suppose I could look at Missing Sync but I left them a long time ago unsatisfied and really don't want to have to relook at them.

If anyone has any insight into this I would love to hear it. I had read on another thread about possibly mapping fields to get DC to work, but I suspect that was a Windows-based answer as I don't see any way to map fields in the Mac version of DTM.

New Contributor

Re: Direct Connect Not Supported

Same problem.  No direct connect # field when sync between Mac and 8350i.

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8350i
My Carrier: Nextel

Impressive, this is available in windows, but left out for the mac.

Why can't they provide a custom field to sync with a custom field in address book.

Mac synch is way worse than windows. Hopefully this can change soon.

Cheers,

Ernani

Highlighted
My Device: 8350i
My Carrier: Nextel

[ Edited ]

Almost 1 year after the first post on this problem and RIM has not taken care of the problem yet...

I have the same deal, and around 200 contacts that I cannot sync because of that...

RIM, pay some attention to this issue please!, 1 year waiting to a solution!

New Contributor

Let's face it - this is an issue that will not be addressed by RIM. Interestingly enough, it seems the more advanced the world becomes the less solutions that seem to work. Direct connect has been around for years, as has Mac, yet no one can make the 2 work together? I just don't get it!