Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Direct Device Switch between 8330 units via Bluetooth

Is there a way to move all device configuration settings, applications, etc. directly from one 8830 to another via Bluetooth ?

I have an 'old' 8830 with something broken (physically) in the USB connector, so I cannot connect it to my laptop & despite my best efforts, I can't seem to get the Desktop Manager to recognize it through Bluetooth (even though it does pair properly) so that I can use the Device Switch Wizard.

I have a the replacement 8830 & just want to 'clone' my first one onto it and return the old one.

Have got the two 8830s paired, but there is no clear equivalent to the Device Switch Wizard for a direct device to device connection.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers. Patio.

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Direct Device Switch between 8330 units via Bluetooth

I don't believe you can. However, if you have the BBs paired to the PC, just sync to Outlook and resync back to the new device. That you can do.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Direct Device Switch between 8330 units via Bluetooth

JSanders - thanks very much. Was hoping I could avoid doing a manual re-load of all my applications, etc, but if that is the only way, will suck it up & do it.

Cheers. Patio.